Thursday, January 11, 2007

Correct way to handle disapointments

A question - what is a mature way to cope with disappointments (and frustrations). In the past I may have swept them under the carpet and pretended like they didn't exist. This not a good long term solution - you end up with bigger issues like the black dog!

So how to we acknowledge these disappointments and move on in a well and healthy way?

Maybe the best solution has to be talking it through with someone who will not dis you for having these emotions. And in dialogging healing can come, and peace can be made. - I guess part of this is figuring out when one is disappointed, if you gone through life ignoring it, sometimes it is hard to work out what the emotion is.

This also ties in to the strong intense emotions that picture thinkers can often feel. The emotion is so strong and overwhelming that we don't know what to do with it. I guess I learned to suppress them cause I don't want to acknowledge them.

No comments: